Sunday, March 30, 2014

Cut it Up Challenge # 41, "ATG", Crafty Catz #224 "ATG", Alphabet Challenge "D for Diecuts", HIMCR #143 "Freestyle", All Sorts Challenge #252 "Use Those Dies", The Squirrel and The Fox #66 "Inspired by a Book",

Wow, I haven't posted a new card in a while. It seems like I just can't find the time to craft like I want to.  I made this card for a childhood friend. I ordered this stamp especially for her. I tried to make a postage stamp cut around the image with the words, but no matter what I did I messed it up. I finally decided to leave well enough alone.....
I always have these visions in my head of how the card will look and it very seldom ever looks like the vision when it is complete. However, I do like how it came out and I can't wait to mail it to her.

The Squirrel and The Fox Challenge is "Inspired by a Book", I chose the book "Read all about It!" by Laura and Jenna Bush.


 
 
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Totally awesome card! BTW you might want to check out this post http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2014/03/winners-posts.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, this is a super pretty card. It is finished beautifully inside as well as the outside. Your friend must love books. Love your pretty ribbon/button treatment, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! what a fun card. Both inside and out, this card rocks. Great coloring too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Love that bow!

    Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card and image thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess your friend is a reader, huh? Adorable card. I think it turned out just great!

    Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Cut it Up!
    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. how much love you put in your adorable creation, dear cathy!

    even the inside of the card is such a beautiful eye-candy!

    hugs and kisses from your german friend,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card Cathy. I like your image choice and that fab ribbon rosette x

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card. Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, love the image, so fun!! Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute idea! Love your coloring skills. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete